Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TodaysMama Blog Contest


Hello everyone! I know, long time no blog. But I had to take the time to try to win an awesome prize from Gamestop and TodaysMama! Here goes....

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme

TodaysMama and GameStop are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.

1. What is your holiday wish for your family? Honestly this year I'd be happy if we succeed in teaching our children more about being thankful for what they have and that the holidays are about giving, not receiving.

2. What is your Christmas morning tradition? We all go downstairs at the same time so we can see the kids' reactions. We let them check out all their santa stuff, then we make a breakfast casserole and after breakfast open presents.

3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? Probably an iPad or a Silhouette. I could think of a ton of cool stuff to use the Silhouette for, and the iPad just looks fun to play around on.

4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? We have been trying to figure out that this year. We are planning on doing a bunch of fun activities with the boys - maybe lights at temple square, hayride, sledding, etc.

5. What games did you play with your family growing up? I remember playing Chinese Checkers, and a lot of Pictionary. We weren't a big board game family but on occasion we'd play.

6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? Putting out cookies and milk for Santa. I wish I could say more but my Christmases were often spent at Grandparent's houses and since we live out of state from everyone we kind of have to come up with our own traditions.

7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip? If I could choose I'd say probably a Disney vacation. I hear that Disney at Christmas is awesome.

8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?

  • DSi XL Bundle - a certain 8-year-old wants a DS from Santa this year
  • PlayStation 3 Bundle - a certain 40-year-old wants a Blu-Ray player from Santa this year
  • Zumba Fitness for the Wii - because I am still trying to drop the Emmett baby weight and my neighbor has been after me to go to Zumba with her. I just haven't been able to make time to get out of this house and actually go to a class. So maybe the class can come to me! :)
So that's it! Hope to post again soon!



1 comment:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Forget the game entry - I learned things about you.

Post more often girl!