When we got to the hospital this morning we were pleasantly surprised by Dr. Allred telling us they were letting Emmett come home today. We figured it would be Tuesday at the earliest, so we were so excited! The boys were so happy to finally meet their brother. (Coop isn't sick, I brought home some masks and he was playing doctor). They both flutter around him saying things like - 'His eyes are open' or 'he moved his hand!'. Cooper said Emmett looks like a toy. I had to make sure he understood that Emmett IS NOT a toy. :) Funny story about Liam -Mike and I have been wondering for a week now how we are going to explain nursing to the boys in a way that they will respect my privacy, but not be too curious. Well, when I came downstairs this morning with some milk I had pumped, and the breast shield still attached, Liam said 'I know what that is. You put it on your chest and it gets milk out.' 'How do you know that?' I asked. 'I read it in a book,' he said. "What book?" I asked. "The one that was in your room. I read it while I was locked up like a prisoner. (he was in tim
e out on the bench in our room)." Turns out that Mike didn't notice when he put Liam on the bench that my guide to breastfeeding was sitting right there too. So not only did Liam learn a little more than we wanted him to, he also got an eyeful from the pictures. He proceeded to tell me how he tried to 'hand express' milk from his own chest and it didn't work. So we had to have a talk about how it is just for mommies and it is private and not something we share with our friends at school or church. Oy. He also thinks its cool that he can spell Emmett's name and that Emmett will only have to learn 3 letters to learn to spell his name.So all is well. We follow up with our regular pediatrician tomorrow on the billirubin counts and to make sure all is okay with baby Emmett. He has had a hard time settling down tonight, I think he's afraid of missing any of the excitement. But we are so blessed to have him home and it honestly seems strange to me that just a week ago he wasn't a part of our family. He just fits in so well and it seems so normal to have him in our home.
6 comments:
Whoa --- your news is like Christmas everyday in your household!
Ronnie and I are so thrilled to hear about Emmett's homecoming. Ronnie and I are hoping that we could get to meet him (of course through the window - us standing outside and you with baby E inside). Thank you so much for sharing the greatest news. I had to chuckled a bit about Liam's new found knowledge. I am sure you and Mike will know exactly how to provide information to Liam. We continue to pray for baby Emmett's full recovery. Again, I am so THRILLED that the baby E is home with his family!
:-)
Oy! Is right!!! I am still laughing (and hard too!!!) Now I know why you were going to tell me sans kiddos around!!! Brek that is so so so funny. I can't begin to explain how I will giggle over this time and time again! The "hand" thing just did it for me....I have tears! I can't wait to tell Ray! But all laughing aside. I am so happy to have Emmett here in the rectangle...He does belong! He was a missing piece of our puzzle! Hugs to you! I am ALWAYS here for you!
I can't keep giggling about the hand expressing comment. That is so funny. Maybe it was good he found the book now you won't have those awkward questions.
So glad Emmett is home.
Congrats on bringing baby Emmett home. Blessed day indeed.
Oy is right. Remind him of this in about 25 years. Too funny for words.
Oh my gosh Brek - how are you doing? So much going on in your life. I am thinking of you - your new little guy is absolutely adorable and I am so glad he is home with you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Brek, I've been offline way too long and have neglected too many friends. Your new little guy is perfect, what an adorable little baby! Congrats, and I'm so glad that you finally have him home with you! And...I love that Liam learns while in prison. That is too funny! How old is he?? Watch out world!!!
Post a Comment