Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Connected Generation

Have you heard people referred to as 'The Connected Generation' before? I hadn't until a neighbor of mine mentioned it in church a few weeks back. She said that we are The Connected Generation because for us it is all about our connections. It is so easy now to hop online and get connected to our ancestors, to our far-away family, to our high school friends, to our previous co-workers, etc. I, for one, love it. I've recently re-connected with so many friends via Facebook. People that I thought I'd lost touch with forever.

I can say with certainty that there are certain people who came into my life at certain times that changed the direction of my life. These ladies are among those people:


These awesome women are my college roommates from my Freshman year (minus one - missed ya, Jen). LOVE these girls. Somehow lost touch after I left Logan and hadn't spoken to them in YEARS. We got together a couple weeks back and it was so strange: it felt like we all just slipped back into our roomie mode. It honestly felt like we were all just roommates again, out for dinner. I loved it and hope to see lots more of these ladies in the future.

2 comments:

Sheri Wojtasek said...

Don't you love how the past/missing years can just melt away! Thanks for sharing!

Charity said...

I don't know, but the person who made that comment at church is probably extremely smart, talented, and beautiful... Just a guess based on that comment! lol