Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Released

I can't remember who I've told and who I haven't, but my dear Mr. Noice was released from the bishopric in January. It was a little bit of a surprise for us, we weren't expecting a release until at least May because that would have been the 5-year mark. But The Lord has perfect timing, so it must have been time for a new bishopric.

I am so very proud of the way that Mike fulfilled his calling. He was constantly humbled at all the love and support from the ward members. He really got out of his comfort zone in a lot of ways and grew much along the way. He put his whole heart into fulfilling his duties to the best of his ability - that's just his nature, to go all out when he commits to something. I'll admit I wasn't the best bishopric wife and had a tendency to whine in the beginning. But I cannot deny that we have been so thoroughly blessed because of his willingness to serve. I can honestly say that we love our ward family now more than ever.

Here is a photo that I dug up from the day that the bishopric was called and set apart. So very cool that my dad was able to ordain Mike to the office of a High Priest and that they were both in a bishopric for a year (My dad is currently the bishop of his ward). They are awesome men. Little known fact about this picture: I was pregnant with Cooper when it was taken. Which means up until last month, Mike had never sat with Cooper during Sacrament Meeting in our home ward (only when we were visiting another ward). WILD! :) Please excuse the poor quality of the picture - I scanned it from a hard copy that was given to us.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh I was hoping you were going to say and I'm pregnant again. Well I'm still hoping for that announcement. Hee!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

So, as my dad would say.....Mike was "put back out to pasture", eh?

Don't worry - a new calling is around the corner so tell him to enjoy it.

Graze while you can....

Sheri Wojtasek said...

There it is again...we all think you are pregnant! Maybe you are and we all know it and YOU don't?!?!??! :o) I love that picture! And I agree from and outside perspective that Mike did put all his heart and soul into that calling and I to have come to know I wouldn't expect anything less.