Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Update on Baby

Okay, so I promised an update. I'll start off with our soon-to-be newest member of the family. We'll just call him baby boy for now because we have yet to decide on a list of names for the little guy! A lot of people have been asking 'Are you sure?' when I tell them it is another boy. (Yes, ANOTHER boy!). So here is a picture of the definitive ultrasound picture that leaves little doubt in my mind that yes, it IS another boy:

I labeled the important parts for those that don't have a lot of experience reading ultrasounds. Just imagine if the baby was sitting on a copy machine - that's the angle that this particular shot was taken from.

Let me tell you a few things about this baby. HE IS VERY ACTIVE. At this point in my pregnancies before, I remember thinking at random times during the day, "When is the last time I felt the baby move?" Not with this kid. All I have to do is sit down and he is squirming and kicking. Also if my belly is up against something, he doesn't like that either. However, HE IS NOT A PERFORMER. Whenever someone puts their hand on my belly to feel him move, he stops. Mike has felt him move quite a bit but the boys and my girlfriends always get the cold shoulder! HE IS BIG. He is measuring big and I can feel it. I've never had a baby so high up into my lungs and ribs as this one is. He'll be kicking my ribs and punching my hipbone at the same time. I think we have another LONG baby on our hands! Speaking of measuring big, it looks pretty likely I will be induced early so that he is not too big. I'll keep you all posted on that.

Next up I'll post a picture of my pregnant self. Yes, I am feeling daring. Only I discovered tonight that all my pictures from August 1st on are still sitting on my camera. So I'll have to download them and get one on here maybe tomorrow. Its baseball playoffs, you know, so I am on my own while the Dodgers are still in it.

2 comments:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Ha! You flippin' crack me up. Please do it more often. :)

Sheri Wojtasek said...

You got some spunk back girl! Love ya!