Here is a picture that was taken on Sunday. I seriously need to learn to smile for these wonderful maternity shots (and who doesn't love to have their picture taken when they are as big as a house?). Anyway, as you can see the baby is growing by the minute!At last week's doctor's appointment and also the one I went to yesterday, I am dilated to a 2. When I was pregnant with Liam and Cooper, I wasn't at a 2 until about 38 weeks. So I am about 2 weeks earlier for a 2. My doc says baby is pretty big (no kidding), and so she is going to gradually strip my membranes at each of my appointments to try to get me started early on my own. However, she will induce me early if I don't go early on my own. The baby dropped last week, not sure that you can tell from the picture, but I woke up in the middle of the night and my hips were killing me. When I got up the next morning, I could breathe because I had less baby pushing against my lungs. So I traded being able to take a deep breath for sore hips and tailbone. But that's enough of my whining. On to the next topic....
UPDATED TO ADD: I forgot to mention that he turned! So he is no longer breech - he is head down and ready to go!
Last Saturday, Jenefer and Sheri asked to take me to lunch. Of course I am always game for a little girl time so I jumped at that opportunity. Unfortunately Sheri had the flu so Jenefer said we'd just go without her (this is not the usual protocol). Jenefer claimed we needed to stop at Sabrina's to get some stuff to give to Sheri for Activity Days. I told her that was fine. When we got there, Sabrina opened the door and SURPRISE!! There were my friends throwing me a surprise 'pampering' party. The decorations were amazing, as was the food. Brittany helped with the menu (she is an amazing cook). We ate and hung out and did glitter toes and made a cute craft. You can read all about it and see pictures here on Sabrina's blog (and I HIGHLY recommend the drinks. I am addicted now). Unfortunately Dana ducked out of the 'people' picture and Suzanne and Terah had to leave a bit early so you don't see them but they were there!
I just want to say THANK YOU to my friends for doing this. I know throwing a party for someone who is on their 3rd baby is maybe a little taboo, since baby showers are usually just for 1st babies. However, since we had only lived here a couple of months when Liam was born, I never got to celebrate having either of my other babies with my ward family and neighbors. So it was extra special for me - not the gifts or the food or the attention (although those were great too), but the fact that I know I have friends who care about me and my family enough to be excited for this baby to come. Friends who took time out of a busy Saturday afternoon to let me know that they are happy for our family and thinking about me. You guys are truly the best. And for those that couldn't come - you were missed, but I understand. Thanks for the calls and emails to express your support.
I plan on updating the blog every week after my appointments to keep you all updated on the progress of this baby. My hunch is he'll be here in a couple of weeks. YIKES. Guess that means I should close this post and actually go accomplish something!
2 comments:
Good job Brek! We are SO EXCITED for the little baby "NOICE" to arrive! I'm still trying to think of some names too!!
A well written post! I guess your just going to need to have another baby after Noice Boy #3 so I can come to that girl pow-wow! Darn flu! Love ya girl! I am so excited to hold this new little one!!!
Post a Comment